Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Opening Sequence


My opening sequence was by far the most challenging. For this project my group and I decided to do a horror film. It resulted into becoming a kidnapping film. For research I watched lots of horror opening sequence films. I watched films from The Conjuring, Get out, and Venom. The story board for this project was a lot. It was triple the amount that is usually done. Ten story boards were done in total. The writing and drawing for this took a lot of time since it had a lot of location switching and movement. The locations included the library, a car, and an empty parking lot. When it was time to film there were 4 actors. 3 men who were kidnappers and one female who played the role of the person being kidnapped. The filming was a long process since I wanted to make sure there were a lot of takes being taken. Plenty of times throughout the filming process everyone stopped and looked at the story board. We wanted to make sure the project was being done just how it was writing. I had a vision of how I wanted the film to be done and I didn’t want to leave any parts out. When it was time to edit the videos were sent to the laptop. Since the videos were all recorded on a phone this process was easy. The software that was used was iMovie. Since this software was used in the last project it was easy. While editing everything my group and I realized some parts needed to be re shot. Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic coming it was no way all of us could go out and re shoot. Magic was done and a lot of editing happened, but it helped, and the film was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment